Monday 10 September 2012

Bea's Baby Bop at the Florence Pub in Herne Hill

The other Friday, I decided to take Boo-boo to try out Bea's Baby Bop at the Florence Pub in Herne Hill. At 6 months, she is so much more aware of her surroundings so I thought she would appreciate some songs, music and dancing. Bea runs two session at the Florence on a Friday and we arrived for the 11 o'clock class. For those who haven't been to the Florence Pub,  it is really geared up for people with children so has a kids menu and a large play room at the back which is an ideal setting for a small class.

There were about ten little ones, mostly under a year old, who had bought along a parent or carer. The class opened with a song saying hello to all of the babies. I found it lovely that Bea sang hello to each of the children individually by name. In fact I like this song so much that when I finally remembered the tune, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I am now singing hello to all the objects in the house!

After the opening song, it was mixture of singing, doing songs with actions, rattling instruments and dancing. It finished with a goodbye song to everyone and to each individual child.

The session lasted an hour and was very entertaining. I enjoyed meeting other mums. Boo-boo enjoyed noming all of the instrument.

Classes are held at the following times at the Florence Pub:

Wednesday 11am
Friday 10am -11 am
Friday 11am -12am

They are suitable for children from 6 months to 3 years.

The address of the Florence pub is 131-133 Dulwich Road, Herne Hill, SE24 0NG

Buses to the Florence are the 3, 196, 322, 37 and 68.

Please contact Bea on beasbabybop@gmail.com or http://www.facebook.com/beasbabybop for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment