So what tips can I give you to get you ready for your return?
2. Sort out your work clothes. Check what clothes fit and how you feel in them. If some items don't fit, then get rid of them; it's best not to have lots of clothes you can't wear in your wardrobe.
3. Check with your manager that everything is ready for your return - desk, access to computer passwords sorted, whatever it is that needs to be set up for your arrival.
4. Are you planning to go on breastfeeding when you return to work? Your employer should make sure you have somewhere to express milk and a fridge to store it in. Broach this subject with your manager or personnel early on as it's not something everyone is comfortable with.
4. If you can, do more than one settling in day with your little one at nursery. If there is any problems, then you might be able to resolve them before you are stuck at your workplace worrying about your child.
5. Organise your morning the evening before. Lay clothes out, check bus pass, money bag, etc, anything you need and anything the baby will need for nursery.
|For baby and me....|
7. Figure out your daily routine and get a sense of how long everything takes. You will find to begin with that you feel time-poor. There is never enough hours in the day so try not to beat yourself up if you can't get as much done. Give yourself a break.
8. Put your watch mobile phone a few minutes forward. This is useful for making you leave work promptly. It's easy to get distracted leaving the office and over estimate your timing.
9. Try and use lunchtime to do some chores but also take a break and hang out on your own or with work colleagues.
Good luck with it all!