Monday 2 June 2014

Yummy Fun - Flapjacks!

Well I'm not sure how often I'll be able to do these posts, but I had to share this recipe as it's by far the best flapjack I've made!

On a search for different recipes (tried and tested) I settled upon this one from The Guardian and thought I would let you all in on it.


Baby A definitely had lots of fun making/eating/licking it and despite the fact that it was incredibly messy - I'm still finding porridge oats - it was worth it for the fun we had.

You will need:
- 300g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
- 75g demerara sugar
- 120g golden syrup (6 tablespoons)
- 250g jumbo rolled oats
- 200g quick-cook oats
Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 190C / 375F / gas 5 (150C / 300F / gas 2 if you prefer them chewy rather than crispy). Line a 30 x 20cm baking tin with baking parchment, cutting slits in each corner so it fits more neatly.

2. Melt the butter in a small pan with the sugar, syrup and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine, then take off the heat and stir in the oats. Press evenly into the tin and bake for 25 minutes for chewy, 30 minutes for crunchy, until set and golden. Allow to cool completely in the tin, but cut into squares a few minutes after they come out of the oven, before they harden.
This recipe makes 16.
I hope you enjoy them - let me know what you think & show us your photos on Twitter / Instagram / Facebook! (I just took at my pics of Ava & they were incredibly blurry - might be something to do with the golden syrup she was trying to drizzle all over the the floor)

No comments:

Post a Comment